Become a Freelancer!

Welcome to the number one community for Anthem players

Video Opinion about Anthem

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Rykroft, Oct 20, 2017.

1. Rykroft

Rykroft Active Member

I think that this guy summarises basically, all my doubts and concerns about the game.

The hole "live service" thing is disturbing, Bioware should explain the business model as soon as possible.

• Like Like x 1
    • Carlo

Writer

Saw this and thought about sharing it, I'm glad you did Rykroft. I can't agree with him more!

• Like Like x 1
      • Rykroft

Rykroft Active Member

Look at Battlefront, is amazing, but with the Loot boxes thing, they ruined it completely, beside the fact that we are crossing the line between a valid purchase and an illegal activity like gambling in a game with a lot of under-18 years old players....

And now, forgive me for my honesty, but I have to say it.....

I don't even know what to think or say about it, I know that the only way we can "fight" again this horrendous activity is by punish them with our wallets, like YongYea state in his video. But in that case, I don't want that Bioware suffer the consequences. I don't want that EA shut down Bioware, for god sake is the last thing I want to hear about. But if the game is not successful, then I'm afraid they will do it, they will close Bioware Edmonton.

Sometimes i feel like this is a hostage situation, with Bioware studio as the hostage and EA as the terrorist.
        ea.jpg

What could we do about it?..... well sorry, this time I will have to give in and pay for the game (is not like I don't want to either ...) even if I they introduce micro-transaction and loot boxes... :cry:

• Carlo

Writer

When you buy up the competition or bankrupt the rest...you become the only game in town. Is this EA business model. Are you hungry? Well we can sell you portions of food instead of a full meal which you just paid for. We are the only restaurant in town, so get use to it. I'm concerned at this point.

• Rykroft

Rykroft Active Member

• Maxis (SimCity) - Purchased by EA in 1997; shut down in 2015
        • Mythic (Dark Age of Camelot) - Purchased by EA in 2006; shut down in 2014
        • Bullfrog (Syndicate, Dungeon Keeper) - Purchased by EA in 1995; shut down in 2001
        • Origin (Ultima, Wing Commander) - Purchased by EA in 1992; shut down in 2004
        • Westwood (Command & Conquer) - Purchased by EA in 1998; shut down in 2003
        • DreamWorks Interactive/Danger Close/EA Los Angeles (Medal of Honour) - Purchased by EA in 2000; shut down in 2013
        • Phenomic (SpellForce, BattleForge) - Purchased by EA in 2006; shut down in 2013
        • Black Box Games (Need for Speed, Skate) - Purchased by EA in 2002; shut down in 2013
        • Pandemic (The Saboteur) - Purchased by EA in 2008; shut down in 2009
        • PlayFish (The Sims Social) - Purchased by EA in 2009; shut down in 2013
        • NuFX (NBA Street) - Purchased by EA in 2004; shut down in 2007
        What's next?
        1pghep.jpg

• Carlo

Writer

Lol, but how true..

• Rykroft

Rykroft Active Member

money.jpg
        self-explanatory image............ billions... with B, not M.........

• Carlo

Writer

Micro transactions, loot boxes, season pass, dlc that was part of the orangial game, it feels like someone has their hands in my pocket.