• Welcome to Anthem Hub - the number one community for Anthem players worldwide. Join us today and become a freelancer. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate by creating your own discussions and messages, as well as connect with other freelancers!

Underwater Combat?

Matthew

Administrator
Players moving underwater can be seen during the Gameplay videos, which I think is pretty cool.

exploration-seems-to-be-fairly-open-in-biowares-latest-project-anthem-allowing-you-to-dive-under.png

I love the idea of being able able to explore everything possible in the game, including underwater. Do you think there will be underwater combat? I wonder how it'll work. Possibly the movements are slowed, and there will be longer reaction times.

Carlo

Writer
I agree with you about underwater combat, but more important is the exploration of that environment. The fact that this environment was shown is stating that this is a playable area. Showing that nothing is off limits within this world. Nice.

Reactions: Matthew

Matthew

Administrator
I agree with you about underwater combat, but more important is the exploration of that environment. The fact that this environment was shown is stating that this is a playable area. Showing that nothing is off limits within this world. Nice.
I agree, it's important that everywhere possible is able to be explored. It definitely sets it apart from other games.

PiperVsPiper

Underwater combat would be great. But just having more explorable area is satisfying, especially if it's dynamically different. Altered movement, maybe timed tasks/quests due to air supply. Like specific crafting materials only found underwater?

Reactions: Martin and Matthew

Matthew

Administrator
Underwater combat would be great. But just having more explorable area is satisfying, especially if it's dynamically different. Altered movement, maybe timed tasks/quests due to air supply. Like specific crafting materials only found underwater?
I can definitely see scenarios like this. I just really hope that Bioware takes the underwater environment to its full potential. It would really set itself apart from other games.

Carlo

Writer
Very good point PipervsPiper. I agree Matthew that, let's hope, that BioWare does take underwater combat/exploration to is full potential....that thought has my vote.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)