Become a Freelancer!

Welcome to the number one community for Anthem players

The Wall

Discussion in 'General Discussion & Speculation' started by Carlo, Jun 26, 2017.

1. Carlo

Writer

The Wall. What little we have seen of it, it has taken a beating. The atmosphere in the bizarre does not indicate what's clawing at the wall. It becomes clear, or is it, that the Wall is part of Fort Tarsus.

image.jpeg
    Even clearer of what it's keeping out..

image.jpeg

What do you think, was it built as a last defense? Is time running out for humanity behind the wall? Do you think we are the last defenders? Do you think it will play in the storyline?

• Like Like x 2
    • Matthew

Administrator

Its already confirmed that this will be an alien planet. I think the Wall was built to protect humanity from the dangers of their new world.

• Like Like x 2
      • Carlo

Writer

In the background of the second image there is a ruin of a multilevel building and circular remnants of advanced technology. Did this alien world push humanity to this last stronghold? Or was Fot Tarsus and the wall, its wall, our fist foothold on this planet?

• Matthew

Administrator

I think they pushed humanity to the last stronghold. It would be interesting if humanity arrived on the new world, built their villages/cities and lived happily, then they discovered all the dangerous creatures. They tried to fight them off, but they were pushed to Fort Tarsus.

• Like Like x 1
        • Carlo

Writer

We both have similar concepts, why is Fort Tarsus there? What is the significance of Ft. Tarsus. Not a city or settlement, but a fort. Hmmmm.....

• Like Like x 1
          • Matthew

Administrator

Maybe it was just their biggest and most fortified defense?

• Carlo

Writer

Speculation here. I think that your correct, maybe the first outpost on the planet. A well established location to extend humanities footprint. I think they didn't know about the Shaper Storms or that they affect the lower areas. That's why the ruins as you look out from the ramp at ft. Tarsus. Ft. Tarsus my be high enough not to be hit by shaper storms.

• Like Like x 1
            • Matthew

Administrator

Oh thats true! But wouldn't they have noticed the shaper storms while they were building settlements?

• Carlo

Writer

True, maybe they are seasonal or they move across the planet like a weather system. Something else, one of the players asked the other if she had been those ruins or cave. Which looked like high tech stuff inside. Have we been behind the wall that long that we have forgotten what we had built. Maybe it is or was another advanced species that experienced our fate?

• Like Like x 1
              • Matthew

Administrator

Hmm, I don't think they are seasoned because that would mean at some point in the games there would be no shaper storms, and I think shaper storms are a big part of the game.

• Carlo

Writer

Had the same idea but maybe humanity change something like we have done here. The greenhouse effect. Maybe it's a commentary on our situation here. Bring in related storylines and social issues of today, to make us think.

• Like Like x 1