Become a Freelancer!

Welcome to the number one community for Anthem players

The Hub

Discussion in 'General Discussion & Speculation' started by Carlo, Jun 15, 2017.

1. Carlo

Writer

image.jpeg

image.jpeg
    These two images from Anthem E3 trailer stood out to me in different ways. First; There was a lot of effort put into the detail of this area (bottom image), the movement, shadows, ambient noise, faces, clothing and items. You were somewhere that had history. Items and clothing were detailed just not as set decorations but with a back story. Second; You are given a quest (top image), but in first person, not in third person as the game play of combat showed. The player character is voiced and there are not dialogue options. No pulling out or cutscene of the player character, your view is maintain for immersion within this environment. This was in-game footage, and would mark a real departure from the norm. There is a real effort here to create immersion and something we haven't seen before. This has peeked my interest. A lot.

• Like Like x 1
    • Matthew

Administrator

This scene actually gave me a Horizon Zero Dawn type of vibe. It reminded me of a city in the desert area (I can't remember the name). I think this might be part of the central hub or city, perhaps a marketplace.

• Like Like x 1
      • Carlo

Writer

If I'm not mistaken it is called the Hub. What marks this different from other games is this immersion. Yes this is BioWare and yes this team made Mass Effect. But this is the next step in the evolution of game development, at least I hope so. There is no pvp mentioned at this point and I hope there isn't. This could be a new breed of first person shooter/action RPG. The lack of pvp may be disappointing to some but for me it always breaks immersion. But what do I know...

• Like Like x 1
        • Matthew

Administrator

I heard that this is going to be a live-service type game like Destiny. If that's the case, there will probably be PvP.

• Like Like x 1
          • Carlo

Writer

The interview that RedTieGuy posted with the developer at E3, the developer went out of his way to state that he did not mention pvp in his overview of Anthem. I found that interesting. The fact that you can have friends drop into your game (pun intended) may be the live-service in action. Pve and pvp create problems in games like Destiny because what one can get in one aspect of the game vs the other. Depending on you play style or preference. The fact that you can play Anthem as a single player without friends may speak to the lack of pvp. The live-service may also (like Destiny) indicate that you may encounter others players with in the game. Even join up with them. Something to consider.