Become a Freelancer!

Welcome to the number one community for Anthem players

The 4 Classes in Anthem

Discussion in 'General Discussion & Speculation' started by Carlo, Jun 18, 2017.

1. Carlo

Writer

image.jpeg
    In this image put out by BioWare they seem to be pointing to four (4) classes that we can be. Two (2) we know of, from left to right, the Colossus, Ranger and the two (2) we we don't know the names of. The exo suit or javelin to the far right is different from the other three. Notice that this Javelin does nor a have jetpack but held aloft by energy generated around the legs. I'll explore this Javelin in the following images.

image.jpeg
    Here is the full squad of four players and as you can see they each have an element associated to them and a percentage next to that element. Paul is the Colossus and Michelle is the Ranger. Kim and Sandra have two different looking helmets, but at this point we don't know what their class is. I would guess that they are a lighter build than the Titan or Ranger.

image.jpeg
    This image shows Kim arriving to form up the squad in the classic hero landing.

image.jpeg
    This image Sandra arrives, but notice she teleports in which is different from the other three.

image.jpeg

This I believe is Sandra's Javelin and the only one that appears with a hood and cape and has three different elements connected to the right arm. Plus there is no jetpack. By the look of this Javelin this may be a very light build but designed for a unique roll within the squad. It seems that BioWare has given us some interesting choices, two standard but two may be unique. I'm sure all will be fun to play.

#1 Carlo, Jun 18, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2017
  2. Matthew

Administrator

We know of the Colossus which is the tank class. It was shown in the demo. :)

3. Carlo

Writer

Thanks for the correction. Read about the similarities to Destiny in your post and it stuck in my head like a song that once you hear you can't shake..

• Like Like x 1
    • Rykroft

Rykroft Active Member

mmm my guess, Ranger, Colossus and a Warlock type javelin for the 3rd one, I have no idea about the last one.

• Matthew

Administrator

Perhaps some type of engineer class. The technology looks fairly advanced in the game, so maybe they'll some class to take advantage of gadgets, etc.

• Like Like x 2
      • Carlo

Writer

Both of the armor types looks to be a light build, I could see and engineer with gadgets and mines, the fourth may be some kind of medic considering the standoff ability and being able to float. Two things I noticed in the trailer. Your armor health does not seem to regenerate, at least it didn't in the gameplay segment. The player in the Colossus armor stated not to waste resources on the giant gorilla. We may not be able to pickup ammo. I'll have check that out with the Scar battle.

• Rykroft

Rykroft Active Member

Or maybe is a high level mob and they need a big/best party

• Like Like x 1
        • Carlo

Writer

LoL, that could be the case.

• BrenonHolmes

BrenonHolmes Creative Director
          BioWare

+2
          There were three different types of EXOs in the demo, one of them is a visual variation on the Ranger suit.

• Like Like x 2
          • Matthew

Administrator

Oh I see, so one of them was just cosmetic?

• Carlo

Writer

I find that interesting. It appeared as if one was a lighter variation on the Ranger exo suit. It would make sense that four completely different exo suits would be logistically difficult. Variants on a main platform would be a smart design.

• Dzzel

Dzzel New Member

+5
            yea its a light version ( check the video in 4k) look like the should rocket was remove and he had different leg armor( in theory this build would be faster to move around) SO it's a ranger with a different load-out profile, assuming we can have different equipment profile to change in the garage. but still i think a 4 class would have been better to give the player more options in making he's/her own game play style

• Like Like x 2
            • Carlo

Writer

I think there will be 4 classes, two will be a lighter build on a Ranger platforms, as you said. A heavy, medium and light with the fourth (the one without the jet pack) ultra quick. Two were not given a name or shown what they could do. I guess we will have to stay tune.

• Like Like x 1
              • Matthew

Administrator

Agreed, 4 classes would be ideal. I'm thinking there will be a tank, dps, and healer, and then some kind hybrid. The Colossus is obviously the tank the Ranger is a dps, and the javelin is the healer, and the Striker is the hybrid?

#14 Matthew, Jun 30, 2017
                Last edited: Jun 30, 2017
                • Like Like x 1
                • Carlo

Writer

I was thinking along the same lines Of the holy trinity, tank (Collusus), healer (lighter build) and DPS (Ranger). The Striker would be the hybrid. Most players will know how or favor one of these if they play RPG's and others. I think BioWare has add something new to the standard model of 3. The fourth will be new and different to and incorperate things the DPS and Healer can do plus more, a kind of experimental class. Not everyone will want to play it but the ones who will have a new experience..

• Rykroft

Rykroft Active Member

With fixed classes (like WOW) is logic that you need 4 or more, but if you use very customizable classes in the game, the number is irrelevant. I would want to see the "size" of the customisation before decide if 3 classes is enough or more.

• Like Like x 1
                  • Dzzel

Dzzel New Member

+5
                    well yea 4 would work...and tho's 4 would be the base class and at one point you could have advance version of tho's base class

example : at X lvl you unlock the advance ( newer model upgraded with alien tech,armor,AI,prototype tech )

you will have 2 option : ranger X1: Focus on AOE & close combat its base speed is a be lower then then standard ranger (ultimate ability : C9 new type of explosive highly unstable & high dmg with a AOE range)

rangerX2 : Focus on long range high dmg not good for close combat base speed is higher then the standard ranger( ultimate ability: shockwave.. send out a wave of energy in one direction that can travel long distant )

• Like Like x 1
                    • Carlo

Writer

Dzzel, I like the breakdown. Options are always good, different load-outs, levels to attain for certain equipment, or higher percentage for an AOE. One thing I would like to see is to improve armor pieces, you like a look/armor you can improve its statis. Or mix-and-match, customization...