Become a Freelancer!

Welcome to the number one community for Anthem players

Shaper Storms

Discussion in 'General Discussion & Speculation' started by Carlo, Jun 22, 2017.

1. Carlo

Writer

What are Shper Storms. The name may say it all as Matthew said in another thread, that they shape the landscape, I agree. I have been wondering about the second image. The two rings on the left side of the river valley seem to be some sort of fortifications. The ring on the right side is upended. How or what could do that? Shaper storms seem to be so powerful as to destroy fortifications or settlements, as the third image shows a destroyed walker outside the ruins of the first image. Is this why Fort Tarsus was built on top of a mountain and why it's the last stronghold? But maybe there is another purpose for them. Could they transport players to a different location in this world. A way to expand the world locations via a loading screen. This could be used to always add new content while having a home base in Fort Tarsus. You would never now we're you were going, unless certain storm locations teleported to a known place. Want to go somewhere, find the storm that will take you there. This could be a very interesting mechanic. What do you the they are and do?

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

2. Matthew

Administrator

I think Shaper Storms have something to do with Raids or Dungeons. At the end of the gameplay demo, the 4 players can be seen jumping into a portal. I think that's where the raid or dungeon is.

• Like Like x 1
    • Matthew

Administrator

I really love the fact that they can change the environment. It reminds of Crackdown3 and how you'll be able to destroy everything. Imagine being in the middle of a Tornado, but its not a cut scene. Now that would be an impressive achievement.

• Like Like x 1
      • Carlo

Writer

Yes, some sort of visual that would add to the drama of the storm while it was transporting you to some location. By the way I hope BioWare doesn't call a raid a raid, yes a raid by any other name is still a raid.

• Matthew

Administrator

I doubt they will call it a raid. I'm just calling it that because its the correct term. :)

Man, it would be so dramatic to have the wind howling, objects flying, trees ripping from its root all around you. Just think about how awesome that would be. It would make you feel like you're in a movie.

• Like Like x 1
        • Carlo

Writer

This is a great time with a new IP to think completely out of the box. I know that term is over used, but BioWare has the opportunity to reshape what an RPG can be. There are moments when a developer can set the standard for years to come like Mass Effect, the Witcher to mention a couple. An interesting concept with the Shaper Storms, let's see what they do with it..

• Like Like x 1
          • Matthew

Administrator

Indeed, let's hope that BioWare brings something fresh to the table and that they will "wow" us out of our seats.