Anthem Hub - Anthem forums, news, and podcasts

Join Anthem Hub and become a freelancer! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate by creating your own discussions and messages, as well as connect with other freelancers!

Mass Effect And KOTOR's Drew Karpyshyn Is Writing BioWare's 'Anthem'

Nice link, thanks Matthew. One thing the article (and others) stated is that Anthem is a shooter like Destiny. Let me quote BioWare's official site stating what Anthem is, as far as gameplay.
"In this shared-world action-RPG"
I understand that there are similarities to Destiny or the Division, to mention a few. The gameplay may seem similar but both those titles, as noted in the article, were lacking in storytelling (or the lack of one). In today's market strong storytelling can make a good game great. A strong writer can make a game come alive and cement our buy-in to the game world. Not to mention long term playability. Mass Effect is rated at the top of great games. The storytelling was a major factor to its success. So I couldn't agree more with Matthew's view that the writing is in good hands.

I read it yesterday.... I was so happy back then. That man is a legend, since KOTOR I bought every single game in which he was the main writer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)