• Welcome to Anthem Hub - the number one community for Anthem players worldwide. Join us today and become a freelancer. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate by creating your own discussions and messages, as well as connect with other freelancers!

Javelin Pros and Cons

T9_DesertBOI

So I've wanted to make a thread letting people give their pros and cons about each Javelin. What do you like and dont like about the Ranger, Colossus, Storm, or Trash Boi?

Let me know

Syno23

I have only played the Storm. Pros, good AOE damage and damage in general. Cons vulnerable while hovering and has low health.

drosketer

Trash Boi? Clearly you haven't played with the most mobile and active Javelin. While I initially was a Colossus main (and have recently been coming back to it as I enjoy them both), the Interceptor is fast, has awesome mobility and whether a dedicated sniper, up close shotgunner, or an acid melee build... is more than sufficient to take down bosses and legendary mobs. Not to mention, their ultimate allows them to move on the battlefield, perfect for recovering Javelins that have fallen in areas surrounded by mobs. Another advantage is that since they can spread an aura they combo off of (that they apply), they are perfect for freezing / applying acid to enemies. Honestly, it's very versatile...

The downside? Squishier than some. The melee is lackluster without the right components and inscriptions.

Edit; True story and to be fair, during the two demo sessions I also considered the Interceptor trash tier... have since learned otherwise.

T9_DesertBOI

"Trash Boi? Clearly you haven't played with the most mobile and active Javelin. While I initially was a Colossus main (and have recently been coming back to it as I enjoy them both), the Interceptor is fast, has awesome mobility and whether a dedicated sniper, up close shotgunner, or an acid melee build..."
Lol, I call it Trash Boi because I'm trash at using Int. I'm too reckless for it. Ranger is that sweet spot for me, tbh. I was originally a Colossus guy, and I slam with it (No pun intended), but I found out I like the Ranger better.

Storm... Eh, not my style tbh.

drosketer

Lol, I call it Trash Boi because I'm trash at using Int. I'm too reckless for it. Ranger is that sweet spot for me, tbh. I was originally a Colossus guy, and I slam with it (No pun intended), but I found out I like the Ranger better.

Storm... Eh, not my style tbh.
All good. What I find interesting is that some of my initial perceptions have changed since the demo and release. I feel that it speaks to well designed Javelins. I find myself switching between all of them over the course of a week for variety, but have found the most enjoyment with Interceptor and Colossus.

I actually feel that if you have a fire team that communicates well together, one of each Javelin type would actually make for an effective group as each could have an assigned role. Don’t know, haven’t seen it yet. But having a Ranger who’s job it is to detonate bosses /legendary targets (that Combo hits hard) seems feasible.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)