Graphical Downgrade?

Matthew

Administrator
PlayStation ID
Xbox Live Gamertag
Steam ID
I just read this article here. It talks about how a graphical downgrade is highly likely. While I agree, their probably will be a downgrade, it doesn't matter that much to me. It will still look just as beautiful. Besides, what's more important: gameplay or graphics?

What's everyone else's thoughts?

PlayStation ID
Steam ID
mmmm I think we should avoid this kind of drama, probably it would be best they are not constructive in the end.

Look, 2 years ago if someone had told me something about the spectacular visuals of Horizon Zero Dawn, I would have said the same...that they would downgrade the game in the end. Luckily for us they made a piece of art without any noticeable downgrade.

Now the rumours say that Anthem will use the same technique, "checkerboard rendering" for the visuals, the same as Horizon Zero Dawn. So, I would expect something of the same quality.

I think that we should have faith, and patient, in 2018 we will see if they can deliver or not what they have showed us....

Matthew

Administrator
PlayStation ID
Xbox Live Gamertag
Steam ID
Now the rumours say that Anthem will use the same technique, "checkerboard rendering" for the visuals, the same as Horizon Zero Dawn. So, I would expect something of the same quality.
I didn't hear about that. If that is the case, I have high hopes! :)

I have a gaming pc so if I don't have 60 fps I start to vomit uncontrollably. I feel nausea just looking at a console too long. Thinking of some dev slowly lowering my graphical settings to accommodate some antiquated x box 360. Eww

PlayStation ID
Steam ID
Yes I understand you, the Console vs PC war is stupid and, in the end, the only ones dealing with the consequences are us, the users. (Just look at The Witcher 3 and it infamous downgrade after the E3 gameplay demo)
Personally I understand that, some consoles, cannot run certain games and therefore the developers must downgrade the game if they want to include a wide range of customers.
But now, not only you have to deal with a console vs pc optimisation, but also between versions. For example Destiny 1 was built to run in a PS3 and XBOX 360 lowering the quality of the game for PS4 and XBOX One users.

The game will be release for PS4 (Pro?), XboX One X and PC (if I'm mistaken please correct me), let just hope those two consoles are capable of run the game as intended, or:
.........(cross finger)
that they develop a PC version uncapped with high quality textures for those with a high-end Pc. :rolleyes:

If I have to guess, they will develop a "STANDAR" version of the game for all the consoles and PC.

Normally most games that get complaints from console gamers look great on pc. Mass effect andromeda looked like crap on a few play throughs I remember watching but beautiful on my pc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)