Become a Freelancer!

Welcome to the number one community for Anthem players

Graphical Downgrade?

Discussion in 'General Discussion & Speculation' started by Matthew, Jul 11, 2017.

1. Matthew

Administrator

I just read this article here. It talks about how a graphical downgrade is highly likely. While I agree, their probably will be a downgrade, it doesn't matter that much to me. It will still look just as beautiful. Besides, what's more important: gameplay or graphics?

What's everyone else's thoughts?

2. Rykroft

Rykroft Active Member

mmmm I think we should avoid this kind of drama, probably it would be best they are not constructive in the end.

Look, 2 years ago if someone had told me something about the spectacular visuals of Horizon Zero Dawn, I would have said the same...that they would downgrade the game in the end. Luckily for us they made a piece of art without any noticeable downgrade.

Now the rumours say that Anthem will use the same technique, "checkerboard rendering" for the visuals, the same as Horizon Zero Dawn. So, I would expect something of the same quality.

I think that we should have faith, and patient, in 2018 we will see if they can deliver or not what they have showed us....

• Like Like x 2
    • Carlo

Writer

Great points Rykroft and I agree Completely!

• Matthew

Administrator

I didn't hear about that. If that is the case, I have high hopes! :)

• Like Like x 1
      • Russell Smith

Russell Smith New Member

+3
        I have a gaming pc so if I don't have 60 fps I start to vomit uncontrollably. I feel nausea just looking at a console too long. Thinking of some dev slowly lowering my graphical settings to accommodate some antiquated x box 360. Eww

• Like Like x 1
        • Rykroft

Rykroft Active Member

Yes I understand you, the Console vs PC war is stupid and, in the end, the only ones dealing with the consequences are us, the users. (Just look at The Witcher 3 and it infamous downgrade after the E3 gameplay demo)
          Personally I understand that, some consoles, cannot run certain games and therefore the developers must downgrade the game if they want to include a wide range of customers.
          But now, not only you have to deal with a console vs pc optimisation, but also between versions. For example Destiny 1 was built to run in a PS3 and XBOX 360 lowering the quality of the game for PS4 and XBOX One users.

The game will be release for PS4 (Pro?), XboX One X and PC (if I'm mistaken please correct me), let just hope those two consoles are capable of run the game as intended, or:
          .........(cross finger)
          that they develop a PC version uncapped with high quality textures for those with a high-end Pc. :rolleyes:

If I have to guess, they will develop a "STANDAR" version of the game for all the consoles and PC.

• Russell Smith

Russell Smith New Member

+3
          Normally most games that get complaints from console gamers look great on pc. Mass effect andromeda looked like crap on a few play throughs I remember watching but beautiful on my pc.