Become a Freelancer!

Welcome to the number one community for Anthem players

Fort Tarsus: What's in a name

Discussion in 'General Discussion & Speculation' started by Carlo, Jun 28, 2017.

1. Carlo

Writer

image.jpeg

image.jpeg Fort Tarsus may be more than a name of a place in the world of Anthem. There is the anatomical and the biblical meaning of the name.

ANATOMY
    a group of small bones between the main part of the hind limb and the metatarsus in terrestrial vertebrates. The seven bones of the human tarsus form the ankle and upper part of the foot. They are the talus, calcaneus, navicular, and cuboid and the three cuneiform bones.

BIBLICAL
    The city of Tarsus is six thousand years old and still exists; it sits just twenty kilometers inland on the southern coast of modern Turkey, almost precisely in between Turkey's east and west borders. Tarsus was the capital of the Roman province of Cilicia, the eastern part of the south-coastal region of Asia Minor. It was distinguished for its wealth and for its schools of learning, in which it rivalled, nay, excelled even Athens and Alexandria, and hence was spoken of as "no mean city." It was the native place of the Apostle Paul ( Acts 21:39 ). It stood on the banks of the river Cydnus, about 12 miles north of the Mediterranean

I find it interesting that the bizarre in Fort Tarsus has this middle-eastern or Turkish look. The river that's featured in the gameplay trailer may be no accident. Anthem has a biblical background also and the developer did not want to talk about the meaning. Then there is the seven bones of the tarsus, seven possible major locations/exspansions? I can see some storylines being developed out of Fort Tarsus, because it may be more than just a name. What can your imagination come up with?

• Like Like x 1
    • Matthew

Administrator

Wow never thought of it like this haha. You're right, Fort Tarsus probably has a deeper meaning than just a name. Maybe Fort Tarsus has seven zones inside of it? Or maybe there were seven other Forts/Villages/Hubs and Fort Tarsus is the central hub. Maybe the other hubs were lost to the dangerous creatures of the world or the Shaper Storms.

• Like Like x 1
      • Carlo

Writer

You read my mind. :)

• JUNEBUG

JUNEBUG Member

Yes, yes it does have lore my friend if that's where you were getting at ;)

• Like Like x 1