Become a Freelancer!

Welcome to the number one community for Anthem players

Discovery & Exploration

Discussion in 'General Discussion & Speculation' started by Carlo, Sep 29, 2017.

1. Carlo

Writer

image.jpeg
    In Anthem will BioWare create the love of discovery and exploration that is the hallmark of a great RPG? Our ability to venture off in any direction and discover something new and mysterious. Forgotten languages, ancient architectural secrets, puzzling technologies and fragments of lore that keep us exploring deeper into the mysteries of Anthem.

Will our questions of how and why the different architectural styles coexists be answered? Will ancient ruins have their own story of culture and inhabitants like the Qunari did in Dragon Age. Will our discoveries only pose more questions and in turn prompt more exploration. I hope this is the case in Anthem.
    I for one would like to be able to discover information about the Flora and Fauna of Anthem that constitutes this ecosystem, not just as a set decoration. The discovery of new flora and fauna was an interesting part of ME4 and could be implemented in Anthem.

Why does the modern architecture lie in ruins littering the landscape? Who built it and what was its purpose? It seems from the little information that we have that the remnants of humanity have little to no knowledge of this technology. Will this be part of our exploration to find the answers? Again I hope this is the case. There needs to be a cohesive explanation for the world of Anthem and everything within it that builds on the concept of discovery and exploration. I want to know will keep me playing!

Plans for a wiki on the Hub should be a necessity to catalog the places, people, items, mysteries, secrets that you either missed or were unaware of. That sense of mystery, discovery and exploration creates the replayability in any RPG worth its salt.

Anthem needs to be that kind of RPG!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Rykroft

Rykroft Active Member

A wiki.... mmmm nice, but data-input is extremely time consuming. That and the fact that you will have to deal with a lot of other sites with premium data-mining software, who will extract the data from early stages of beta or alpha development, some of them are in the data-mining business for almost 2 decades.

It is a nice thing though, I'm a scientist after all and I love to catalogue and analyse data species. I would be a nice improvement for this site once we have access to the game client.

• Matthew

Administrator

I have no plans to add a Wiki. There already is one on Gamepedia which is the number one video game wiki resource on the internet. It would take a massive amount of man power and time (which I simply don't have at the moment) to add a comprehensive wiki that is equivalent to the Gamepedia one. Besides why split the community? I believe that's counter productive. One wiki, where anyone can contribute, is best for everyone, in my opinion. :)

• Carlo

Writer

A wiki is more wishful thinking as the difficulty has been rightfully pointed out. But we could diffenitly post on unique discoveries, events or little known secrets. Hopefully there will be a lot of "what about that" in the game that will spark discussion. Putting the pieces together can be more important than just the facts, plus it's fun. :)

• Matthew

Administrator

You're right, that we will definitely do. :)

• Rykroft

Rykroft Active Member

Today wikis are more open databases than web pages, I think that, the average player, will always prefer a "home made" wiki rather an "industrial" one, I have no doubt of that.
      But, How difficult would be to maintain a wiki? How many people are willing to work on it indefinitely? How many people you really need on your core team if you want to keep the wiki updated?
      Those are things you should REALLY consider before start such a task.

• Carlo

Writer

I think your points are all valid Rykroft. The point about home made versus industrial or genaric is espically true. A core group is essential to almost any large task. Without the thought of a wiki a core group to maintain this site will be essential. That core group will need the interest, dedication, enthusiasm and objectivity so individuals new to BioWare or fans of the franchise will get that feeling of a home made site. I have no doubt that Matthew will assemble that core group that will aid those looking for good information and discussion on Anthem.

We have to overlook his decision for a writer on the Hub tho. :)