Become a Freelancer!

Welcome to the number one community for Anthem players

Creating an environment

Discussion in 'General Discussion & Speculation' started by Carlo, Jun 15, 2017.

1. Carlo

Writer

image.jpeg I wanted to highlight a few aspects within this image from Anthem's E3 trailer. As you know this is the jumping off point (no pun intended) to the wilds. There are a lot of individuals within this area, plus two large caliber guns to either side. Notice the shells on the floor denoting resent activity. A nicely constructed atmospher that creates an impression of a living world. Notice the icon of a skull, a location of a high level enemy or creature in that general direction? The vista gives you a sense of scale of the environment plus this location is part of the world. Not a loading screen. This BioWare team has a track record of creating strong environments. I think they have achieved it in this image.

• Like Like x 1
    • Matthew

Administrator

Bioware does indeed have that track record. I've played many of their games and this is something I always take note of. I love the scale of this image! It gives you of sense of "lets explore."

• Like Like x 1
      • Carlo

Writer

The scope an depth of this new IP and the environment/world that has been created seems to be intentional. Anthem could be a game that develops its own lore. Again this team has a track record of developing a environment/world that is sustainable. If so, there needs to be the development and dedication to the lore of this new environment/world.

• Like Like x 1
        • Matthew

Administrator

Lore is something that is important. We've already seen a glimpse of some monsters. I wonder if there will be crafting with plants, etc. I hope that they've expanded everything with back stories.

• Like Like x 1