Anthem Hub - Anthem forums, news, and podcasts

Join Anthem Hub and become a freelancer! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate by creating your own discussions and messages, as well as connect with other freelancers!

Contiguous open world that is ever-changing

Matthew

Administrator
A document for investors from EA shows a tiny bit of information about Anthem.

http://files.shareholder.com/downlo...29-8A95E961A87E/Q1_FY18_Prepared_Comments.pdf

Anthem, our new IP from BioWare, will introduce a contiguous open world that is ever-changing and influenced by players, as they band together and support each other in their journeys.
The definition of contiguous means "sharing a common border; touching." I'm not really sure what this means in the context of the sentence. Anyone have any ideas?

Yes I read this also and was wondering what it meant. My take is in the demo, the Ranger and Coloussus must have moved through more than one cell or instance. Like the Witcher or Destiny, no loading screens one contiguous map. I would think it would continue outside or inside, from one world space to another. The exception would be like the Tower or the Hub in Anthems case. There would be to much within the Hub/Fort Tarsus to process, that's why the Ranger took a lift to the jump platform. Like the Witcher you are always in the world of Anthem, very immersive.

Matthew

Administrator
Yes I read this also and was wondering what it meant. My take is in the demo, the Ranger and Coloussus must have moved through more than one cell or instance. Like the Witcher or Destiny, no loading screens one contiguous map. I would think it would continue outside or inside, from one world space to another. The exception would be like the Tower or the Hub in Anthems case. There would be to much within the Hub/Fort Tarsus to process, that's why the Ranger took a lift to the jump platform. Like the Witcher you are always in the world of Anthem, very immersive.
Yeah I was thinking something along that line. I hope there are no loading screens like you suggest, that would be a huge step up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)