• Welcome to Anthem Hub - the number one community for Anthem players worldwide. Join us today and become a freelancer. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate by creating your own discussions and messages, as well as connect with other freelancers!

BioWare Wishlist Thread

Matthew

Administrator
Here is where everyone can post what they want most from BioWare regarding Anthem. I'll send this thread to a dev once we get a few replies.

I'll start. :)
  • Game API for Web Developers - this is mostly just for me :laugh:
  • Weapon/Exo Customization - I would like to customize all aspects of our weapons, and mix and match options to our liking. Same thing for EXOs.
  • Clans - This is pretty standard
I'll let other people come up with things. :)

Martin

Writer
  • Regular content updates (at least 2 or 3 per year, with new assets, not just a "recycled weapon/armour")
  • Dedicate Servers
  • Cross-platform play (I know is difficult, but please)
  • And, if they aim for a 10 year plan, build the game with that in mind. (I don't want to start again after 3 years, and I'm fine if I have to pay 60-90 US$ or more after that for a massive update, but please I would love to maintain my old character, level and gear, even if they become useless in "Anthem 2")
I have a few more in mind, but those are almost mandatory for me.

Matthew

Administrator
  • Regular content updates (at least 2 or 3 per year, with new assets, not just a "recycled weapon/armour")
  • Dedicate Servers
  • Cross-platform play (I know is difficult, but please)
  • And, if they aim for a 10 year plan, build the game with that in mind. (I don't want to start again after 3 years, and I'm fine if I have to pay 60-90 US$ or more after that for a massive update, but please I would love to maintain my old character, level and gear, even if they become useless in "Anthem 2")
I have a few more in mind, but those are almost mandatory for me.
You can bet there won't be cross-platform play between PS4 and Xbox One. I doubt Sony will allow it. There's a better chance that there will cross-platform play between Xbox One and PC.

RSG

You know what would be cool? Since Anthem takes place in an unfinished world wouldnt be cool to see the effects of youre actions. For example: destroyed settlements rebuild or an expansion of Fort Tarsis or another Fort. :cool:

Starkest

Let’s get this thread back up and running! I’ve seen a good portion of the developer videos and I have a few things I hope they address “in the future” :

PVP: Balancing is an issue.. I’ll agree but give us an area or something where you simply go in with whatever javelin you are piloting and the starting equipment ONLY. Sure you won’t be able to show off the fancy weapons you have earned but hey your javelin should be a testament to how you are as a player not the weapons you use. Maybe level will be an issue? Don’t want a lvl 10 against a lvl 32. Perhaps there could be Lvl slots so that only lvl 30s can play against lvl 30s etc etc. With everyone using generic starting equipment and only able to fight people on the same level spectrum as themselves. It should be possible to have PVP.

Social hub: I like the idea of single player hubs like the Fort... where you get to carve your own single player story driven adventure but..... and for me this is a big buuuttttttt... I would hope we would get a social hub. Something similar to the tower in destiny. I feel that the social hubs give us a chance not only to boast and show off our achievements with a rare skin on our javelin or whatever but it also gives us a sense of awe! When you walk up to a javelin and marvel at the adventure the player had to go through to get that legendary rifle, skin, or even gear item it reminds us of what we are playing for... so I definitely feel that some kind of Social Hub for Online is the way to go. Sure it can get over crowded but hey that’s why there are servers. Keep the social space limited to 30 and the people that want to be with their friends will obviously join their games. I would hate to only see 4 live javelins at a single time. So I hope this is something that is looked into. The Devs are working hard to make sure these machines are perfect. We should at least be able to show them off.

That’s all I got for now.

Reactions: Matthew and Carlo

drosketer

Personally, I think a game like this isn't for PVP (and there are a LOT of games in that sphere already). I feel it would take development talent away from what is a strength of the game; the world. So.... if it was up to me, I'd love for the devs to create additional (or expand upon) the world maps. A couple of examples:
  • Desert - where the Shapers never finished what they were working on, or perhaps the result of a cataclysm or war, etc. Perhaps an area where the Anthem has caused gravitational anomalies. Picture islands floating over a ruined landscape, raining down sand, boulders, and the occasional titan (or something like that) with wyverns patrolling the skies. Plenty of verticality, can even introduce a twist where you can "fall" towards those islands in several areas (in order to access those islands). Overheating in this hot environment would limit flight without making sacrifices (perhaps requiring using slots for gear to increase flight time, etc) during the daytime but allow extended flight time during the cold nights. Ruins, relics, a new City to explore and story to follow.
  • Underground - not necessarily like the Scar mines, but thinking something where the light source is limited (atmospheric). Maybe light comes from the Javelins, crystals, or bioluminescent growth / wildlife. I am thinking underground rivers, caverns, lakes. Imagine navigating a labyrinth of narrow claustrophobic tunnels that inhibit both movement as well visibility. Then suddenly entering a large dark and eerily quiet chamber. Over the sound of water dripping from the ceiling, some ambient light can be seen in the distance. Is that luminescent fungal growth? Or perhaps those lights are the glowing organs of a ferocious creature that uses the light to attract prey. Or a Scar nest.
The world of Anthem honestly has endless potential. It needs time to grow, develop and be expanded upon. I just hope that Bioware is given the time to grow this world.

In terms of improvements:
  • Customization of gear which may alter how it functions or what bonuses it confers.
  • If you have something legendary, don't just re-skin an existing weapon.
  • More skins, both for gear and Javelins. Keep it reasonable in terms of cost to either grind or buy. Currently the store feels somewhat bare. It stays with the cosmetic only store theme, but gives people more options if they choose to pursue them.
  • Add Javelins (takes time, I know), maybe 1 - 2 a year (think of how a certain other game introduces eh... frames....)
  • Somehow reduce or remove some of the load screens... for example, the one where you are in Fort Tarsis and want to change gear or active Javlin or loadout.
  • Further reduce or get rid of the team tether. However, make sure that experience is only added for players who are participating (within a certain distance of the action).
  • Allow more players in Freeroam (8, 16, more?), maybe add some way for them to squad up, waypoint mechanism.
Feel that is a good start for now. :)

Edit; Just thought of a proper challenge for the desert map, picture, instead of titans, something like an Arrakis Sandworm from Dune. Not sure about the combat mechanics, but would leave that for the developers. Quicksand traps. Or something like the Sarlacc from Tatooine. Also added more improvement ideas. Edited again with a few more ideas (Freeroam).

Last edited:
Reactions: Revan95 and Matthew
Some Quality of life suggestions:

This game needs an option to go straight to the mission launch screen instead of Fort Tarsis or the (pointless) launch pad.

Navigation in Fort tarsis is painfully slow and cumbersome. Make it fast and responsive.

Weapons that drop need to be available at later power levels. I have beautiful Masterworked weapons dropping for me but as my power level progresses, they will be unused. We need a way to power up our masterwork weapons.

We need to be able to set custom waypoints on the map.

The “Transporting to mission” notification covers the Heatsink indicator, making it impossible to see your temperature as you scramble to catch up to the team. It also covers subtitles if you have them on.

We need the option to back out of a mission (or any gameplay) without having to dashboard or quit to the title screen.

Players Definitely require a more noticeable notification when a squadmate is down. Too often you are the last Freelancer standing and don’t even know it.

Players should be able to “Ping” the team to bring a notification up in the other players screen if they are downed, to prompt teammates for a repair.

My “Light of the Legion” Legendary marksman rifle keeps showing up as a new weapon in my inventory after every. Single. Mission.

Contract: In the wrong hands; locate the Doninion Spy has no waypoint or location beacon. Four of us are flying around aimlessly trying to find the spy. Bugged?

Reactions: Revan95

Revan95

Hey guys. I'm a casual player, only level 9 at the moment and play for about an hour to two tops a day, if life allows. A fewideas I thought that would be really helpful for us as players:

1) have better loot

2) move faster in Fort Tarsis

3) have the ability to have different pilots on the account not be tied to the first pilot's javelin choice (for example- was hoping to play this game with my boys but all 3 of us wanted different javelins to start with. We eventually figured out a work around by using different PSN's, but still would have been nice to be able to it simply)

4) quicker load times

5) have codex item descriptions for load screens that change after a few seconds (similar to Skyrim)

Overal, I am enjoying this game immensely. If you want to send a PS$ friend request, my PSN is MJH2008

One other thing: when you’re down you should be able to see the gamertag over the teammates.
Too often there are three down and the fourth guy is clueless and doesn’t know he needs to pick people up and you need to message them.

Having seen the public area and looking at the launch platform in the "solo" area I would love to see an option for a squad to return the the leaders "solo" area with all 4 javs on the platform after a mission so the squad can stay "grouped up" if that makes sense.

ALCHEMY

One other thing: when you’re down you should be able to see the gamertag over the teammates.
Too often there are three down and the fourth guy is clueless and doesn’t know he needs to pick people up and you need to message them.
the one guy thats clueless would probably still be clueless even with tag display lbs

drosketer

If anything, this is exactly why people should have their mics on... easier to say "I'm down, to the right of the Ranger (or whatever)" than rely on the indicators. In the heat of battle, it's sometimes easy to miss the icons, especially when things get hectic. I love all the particle effects, but when things are blowing up, I sometimes see very little beyond what is exploding in front of me. Had a mission yesterday with 3 down and one giant angry titan spewing fire rings and elementals. On the bright side, charging through the elementals to get to the team mates with shield raised was a total blast.

Lawthorn

Please turn off matchmaking by default. I found it jarring that the first mission I did, I was matched with 3 others, one of which was a lvl 17, and was clearly there to zerg the mission and help his/her friends.

The first few missions should be done solo so you can learn your skills and not have to play catch up to get through a mission. Especially since there is no tutorial whatsoever about the matchmaking system and how to turn it off and on.

drosketer

If I remember right the enemies are supposed to scale to your power level, the devs mentioned this to encourage people to help others. The rewards also scale... so the items they get will be at a higher level than what you (or their lower level) friends would find.

MrTronDaMon

My Wish List
  1. Find some way to encourage the use of voice chat or offer some other kind of text based communication options eg) keyboard, phrase sets, emotes, etc.
  2. Expand upon team collaboration objectives in missions.
  3. Introduce new and deeper ways of interacting with the amazing world beyond shooting and simple click interactions.
  4. Add a photo mode. The world is so gorgeous it deserves a proper photo mode.

Last edited:
Reactions: drosketer

drosketer

Not sure, voice chat works just fine for me on the PS4. Did you enable VOIP in the settings? Not a lot of people run / use voice chat is what I've noticed... but then there are groups where everyone does.
Otherwise, love the rest of the suggestions!

MrTronDaMon

Not sure, voice chat works just fine for me on the PS4. Did you enable VOIP in the settings? Not a lot of people run / use voice chat is what I've noticed... but then there are groups where everyone does.
Otherwise, love the rest of the suggestions!
Regarding Voice Chat: Ah, well maybe what I am seeing is just that no one is using the mic with in-game chat. The party chat thing does work very well. Its nice to take your time and set up the group out there before you actually get into the game. Will update my post if it lets me.

Lawthorn

Please change the constant return to Fortis to see what loot you got and to start quests. I do agree with the commentary that this disrupts the flow of the game and kinda jars players out of the immersion of the environment. I shouldn't have to launch quests that I have already back at Fortis. Let me stay out in the field and start them out there. That would limit the load screens, too.

Yes, I realize that might disturb the matchmaking process somewhat, but if you want to find groups, it'll port you to them anyway if you are too far away.

Reactions: drosketer
Is BioWare even looking at this forum?

I've been stuck at 488 for forever and a day. I have fully masterworked EVERYTHING except for a Support piece. When are the support pieces going to drop?

Also, after all the grinding I have put into this game, on every single difficulty mode available, I still have only had a SINGLE legendary drop.

I'm losing interest in fighting bullet sponges that can OHK me, and not getting any significant loot.

drosketer

I'd say you should try stacking luck and pray to RNGsus. Could probably start a thread on this topic, as I am curious how everyone is faring. On average let's say I play a couple of hours every night since it's release on the PS4. Getting to 30 and finishing the story took about 3 days of more concentrated playing. I'd have to check, but just reflecting on it, I believe I currently have around 10 legendary items which span components, weapons and seals/systems.... and a pile of MW items.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)