Anthem Hub - Anthem forums, news, and podcasts

Join Anthem Hub and become a freelancer! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate by creating your own discussions and messages, as well as connect with other freelancers!

BioWare at E3 2018?

image.jpeg

E3 2018 is but a few weeks away, what will BioWare present at this most anticipated event? We have had a vertical slice of Anthem in 2017, will BioWare provide a cinematic or gameplay footage? Will we learn more about the mechanics of the game since we know very little at this point? Will we discover were Anthem is within the universe and why we're there? Who are the freelancers and why are they tasked with defending Fort Tarsus? Questions on questions, but little in the way of answers. Will there be interviews with the developer to answer questions that the community has about Anthem.
E3 and EA PLAY hopefully will provide us with answers we are all looking for and reassure us about Anthem.
image.jpeg
Will Anthem turn out to be a third person loot based shooter as many fear. Will Anthem be a cross of Destiny/Division with daily and weekly events on a never ending grind punctuated with raid dlc. Will BioWare incorporate pvp or some kind of dark zone to pull in players who enjoy that game play alienating their RPG fan base?

BioWare a RPG developer needs to provide a compelling narrative that holds our interest in a fascinating world with smooth gameplay in a cooperative environment. No easy task, but one they need to achieve. Casey Hudson on May 10, 2018 wrote this about BioWare's mission statement on the BioWare blog;

We create worlds

of adventure, conflict, and companionship

that inspire you to become the hero of your story
.​

He also addressed the concerns of the single player and RPG elements within a multiplayer environment.

I talked last time about Anthem being “a story you can experience with friends.” There were, understandably, some questions and concerns about story in multiplayer. Specifically, “what if I don’t want to play with randos?” “What if I don’t have friends that I play games with?” And, “I like to be the one making choices in my story—if it’s multiplayer, won’t the story get watered down?”

As a player, I worry about these things too—which brings us to the last line of our mission: become the hero of your story. In a BioWare game, you should feel like the story is about you. You create your own character, you decide what happens next, and you become the hero. I think the reason people are concerned about whether these things are possible in a multiplayer game is because it just hasn’t been solved well before.

These statements are very encouraging considering the recent departures of key members at BioWare and the impact this may have on the narrative. One last statement Casey Hudson made that hopefully reflects BioWare's comment in changing the gaming landscape.

“With Anthem we’re taking this problem head-on and structuring the entire game design to provide a specific solution for this. We’ll be sharing details on how it works very soon.”

June of 2018 will be the turning point for BioWare and its game Anthem that will seal its future.

Link is provided below to Casey Hudson full blog post.
http://blog.bioware.com/2018/05/10/creating-worlds-the-future-of-bioware/

Comments

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)