Become a Freelancer!

Welcome to the number one community for Anthem players

Anthem, what's behind the title

Discussion in 'General Discussion & Speculation' started by Carlo, Jun 17, 2017.

1. Carlo

Writer

In the interview at E3 Jonathan Warner, the developer for Anthem, was asked about the name/title. He was reluctant to go into detail about the name other than a brief meaning, but wouldn't go further.

an·them
    ˈanTHəm/
    noun
    1. 1.
      a rousing or uplifting song identified with a particular group, body, or cause.
      "the song became the anthem for hippie activists"
    2. 2.
      a choral composition based on a biblical passage, for singing by a choir in a church service.
      synonyms: hymn, song, chorale, psalm, paean
      "a patriotic anthem"

Courtesy of Google

Is there a bases for the storyline behind the definition of Anthem. There is some intriguing concepts within the definition that could be the genius for Anthem. I would submit there is. What do you think?

2. Matthew

Administrator

Perhaps Anthem is the concept of the Hub that was built, before it became a reality. Or it could be a person: the leader of the survivors inside the Hub?

Maybe Anthem is the name of a song they play throughout the Hub. :p Just kidding.

• Like Like x 1
    • Carlo

Writer

LOL, that's the best speculation I've heard about this game. The meaning behind the title "solved", other considerations will not be excepted. :p

#3 Carlo, Jun 17, 2017
      Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2017
      • Like Like x 1
      • Matthew

Administrator

I have to admit, I chuckled when I came up with that one. :p

• Like Like x 1
        • Carlo

Writer

STILL ROTF......

• Like Like x 1