Become a Freelancer!

Welcome to the number one community for Anthem players

Anthem to Feature Elemental Skills and Combat?

Discussion in 'News & Rumors' started by Matthew, Jun 27, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Matthew

Administrator

Source: https://gamerant.com/anthem-elemental-combat-skills/

[photo=medium]3[/photo]

So I just read this article and it seems very likely that Anthem will feature Elemental skills and combat. Here is a quote from the article:

This opens combat to many exciting possibilities and I'm excited to see how it turns out. I'm also interested in their explanation for using elemental abilities since this is a sci-fi game and not fantasy.

• Like Like x 1
    • Rykroft

Rykroft Active Member

Well Destiny have 3 element, Void, Arc (electricity) and Fire, so I don't see much difference.

• Carlo

Writer

Hopefully they learned from Destiny, the charged times were to long and were not upgradable. Elemental powers have been a mainstay of fantasy games. Let's see what they do with this combat style, hopefully something unique.

• Rykroft

Rykroft Active Member

Actually you can upgrade it, you have 3 stats (int, disc and str) and 4 ranks in each one. Every time you upgrade the rank the cooldown decrease.

Any way, I'm agree with you with the fact that the mechanic doesn't work very well, basically you could leave the 3 stats in rank 1 and see little different in you gameplay.

• Like Like x 1
      • Carlo

Writer

Thanks for the correction :) haven't played Destiny for sometime...but you made the correction and my point. I would like to see (please BioWare) something better, different and MORE complete. If you do you will get Christmas gifts from me.

• Like Like x 1