Anthem Hub - Anthem forums, news, and podcasts

Join Anthem Hub and become a freelancer! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate by creating your own discussions and messages, as well as connect with other freelancers!

Anthem & EA Quarterly Report

This quote is found on page six (6) of Prepared Remarks, within EA Quarterly Results. You will find a link at the bottom of the post, for those who care to look through the seventeen (17) pages under Prepared Remarks.
image.jpeg
There are some concerns that I have within this overview of Anthem. Anthem will be in a new universe with unique stories, but at the same time players will help to shape and refine the game with their feedback. Will we be buying a game that is "a work in progress." With previous BioWare titles there was a recognize world with a story arch and lore to frame our place within the world. In none of the statements about Anthem is there a vision of what Anthem is, but a general overview of saving humanity in the last fort. The where and why and from whom is missing, I don't believe this is an oversight. A game that has been in development for this long should have more specifics and less generalities by now. Just saying.

http://investors.ea.com/results.cfm

Matthew

Administrator
This quote is found on page six (6) of Prepared Remarks, within EA Quarterly Results. You will find a link at the bottom of the post, for those who care to look through the seventeen (17) pages under Prepared Remarks.
View attachment 638
There are some concerns that I have within this overview of Anthem. Anthem will be in a new universe with unique stories, but at the same time players will help to shape and refine the game with their feedback. Will we be buying a game that is "a work in progress." With previous BioWare titles there was a recognize world with a story arch and lore to frame our place within the world. In none of the statements about Anthem is there a vision of what Anthem is, but a general overview of saving humanity in the last fort. The where and why and from whom is missing, I don't believe this is an oversight. A game that has been in development for this long should have more specifics and less generalities by now. Just saying.

http://investors.ea.com/results.cfm
They could be saying that players have a voice in the future of the game (updates, expansions, etc.). Also, they definitely have a vision, but they're definitely keeping their cards to close to their chest until release grows near. That's pretty standard in video games.

Last edited:
Matthew quote:
"[BGCOLOR=transparent]They could be saying that players have a voice in the future of the game (updates, expansions, etc.). Also, they definitely have a vision, but they're definitely keeping their cards to close to their until release grows near. That's pretty standard[/BGCOLOR]"

[BGCOLOR=transparent]I agree with your statement, but I believe there is more to their silence than a standard PR roll out as we near launch. [/BGCOLOR][BGCOLOR=transparent]We only have to look at previous BioWare titles to see how they treated information about the game to the community. With Anthem there is nothing, no concept art no presents at any of the game events. Even vague references about Anthem on social forms by individuals at BioWare. One thing about the media is, if you provide no information about a subject you can't be held to anything. [/BGCOLOR]

Yup, we can expect more information on the next E3. That will be our main source of information for the rest of the year.

The fancy new trailers are only made for hype purpuse, and they need to show more than that, if they want to recover the lost confidence on the company and their products.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)