Become a Freelancer!

Welcome to the number one community for Anthem players

A Touch of Lore (theory)

Discussion in 'General Discussion & Speculation' started by Rik B, Jul 19, 2017.

1. Rik B

Rik B New Member

+10
    Lore Theory:

Humanity left earth due to a lack of resources, wars, failed governments and ruined environments.

We created a bastion on the closet habitable planet. And founded Fort Tarsus.

Once we were established, we discovered other species that inhabited the same planet. After the same things we came for. Refuge, resources and a new life. As supplies are scarce. It's a race to secure out fragile new home.

We ask for the bravest of this new society to help scout and defend were labelled as 'Freelancers'.

Over time on this planet, an ancient power source was discovered and now It's a race against time to claim this power source to ensure our survival.

This is our struggle. This is our 'Anthem'

• Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • Matthew

Administrator

Very nice theory! I like the first half. Tho I feel like the second half is too common. I hope they don't go down that road.

• Rik B

Rik B New Member

+10
      Thank you. I agree, the second part seems generic. Im sure Bioware will give us a new spin on how Freelancers and the history before come to be in the anthem story

• Like Like x 1
      • Rik B

Rik B New Member

+10
        Lore theory 2:

Javelins & Freelancers

Short time after Fort Tarsus was established, life was extremely hard and violent.

Resources were scarce, individuals were struggling Day to day and hope was at a all time low.

Months later: At one point a lone solider with a young family who were on the brink of starvation. Decided to venture out into the unknown to secure some basic supplies.

The solider was wearing his old armour and carried his rusted rifle out into the wilds.

After being mauled, attacked and brought to the edge of death. He did return with the supplies.

The people of Fort Tarsus saw his heroism and courage out in the wilds was their immediate salvation.

Many ventured out into the wilds. Carrying what ever amour and weapons they could create.

Most were killed and few returned. And those few horned their gear, weapons and skills to keep up their journeys into the wilds.

After some time. A few of the skilled adventurers decided to take it upon themselves to dedicate their lives to helping the people of Fort Tarsus to prosper into the decades with massive leaps into new technologies. They called themselves 'Freelancers'

Normally a freelancer would scale down the walls that protected Fort Tarsus to get into the wilds. However one day a freelancer who had a penchants for injury broken his leg after falling down the wall after being overcome with this armour and weapons, asked the local scrap dealer to find him 2 small booster rockets. After many trials and many errors he managed to pilot his new armour with the rockets to achieve enough power of flight to get clear the wall into the wilds and back. On then his first and only test it worked.

He launch up and over is such a fast distance that on his return the scrap dealer said "you lucky son of a bitch"! "You flew like up and down javelin over the wall"

And since then, the 'Javelin' name stuck.

Now us Freelancers and our Javelins come in many shapes and sizes.

Anyways there for the people of Fort Tarsus when and where we are needed.

• Like Like x 1
        • Creative Creative x 1
        • Rik B

Rik B New Member

+10
          Lore theory: Longfall Ruins

There are whispers…

Some clicks north west of the main entrance to Fort Tarsis , near Deadlight Caverns lies an area known as Longfall Ruins.
          This is area is nestled underneath a cliff face & opens to a valley which is known to have higher than normal Scar activity.
          If you consider journeying into Longfall Ruins, please take the most extreme caution in doing so! As no one comes back the same, most don’t come back at all!

There are whispers…

What report that are available, inside the Longfall Ruin caverns. The area is has a high electromagnetic and higher than normal levels of radiation. Which has a strange effect on the gravity and the Javelin’s personal communications. Of the small few who have returned, they complain of suffering Radiation sickness and a decrease in their own sensory perception of time and/or direction?!

There are whispers…

Only one report is available which details as to the actual ‘center’ of Longfall Ruins. (But this debated by the Topography Team in the Fort Tarsis Archives.)
          Visually what was reported that the center of Longfall ruins was a dark pit in which all Javelins mapping devices were unable to determine the depth and what was inside. The only conclusive data, which was retrieved in that ‘pit’, was something similar to a shaper storm. But shaper storms don’t spawn underground!

There are whispers…

Since that report was made public, no Freelancers have journeyed into Longfall Ruins. Some are scared on getting lost, forever being burnt slowly to death by the radiation. Some are scared of falling into that pit and never coming back. Recently at night the Fort Tarsis radio scanners are picking up more signals coming from the Longfall Ruins. The other night, a burst of audio was detected. The scanner crew couldn’t understand the burst fully, but it sounded like someone or something was trying to whisper to them…

• Creative Creative x 1
          • Rik B

Rik B New Member

+10
            Data collected from Freelancer Clausius- First encounter with a ‘Shaper Storm’ –

------Freelancer : Clausius DECLARED M.I.A------

Audio communications:

------Freelancer : LOG STARTING------ 52561.3

* • Clausius: Tarsis base Delta South, can you read me?

* • Delta South: Reading you Clausius

* • Clausius: Delta I have found something?! Can you see my readings? I’ve got massive spikes in seismic movement, Gamma radiation levels are increasing and the Temperature is rising.!

* • Delta South: Freelancer, I highly recommend that you return to base immediately!

* • Clausius: Negative Delta South, I’ve never seen readings like these before. I can see now the indigenous wildlife fleeing the area. I’m going to see if I can locate the source of these readings

* • Delta South: Freelancer, I highly recommend that you return to base immediately! Clausius! General Speers has now been made aware! He is on his way down to communications. You will be ordered to return for a full debriefing!

* • Clausius: I cant return now!. Ill going dark until I reach the source. There are some Scars nearby. I will engage and move forward.

------Freelancer : LOG ENDING------ 52561.3

2 hours later……………………………………….

------Freelancer : LOG STARTING------ 52561.4

* • Clausius: Tarsis base Delta South, can you read me?

* • Delta South: Reading you Clausius. Return to base immediately! This is an order! General Speers is in the room!

* • Clausius: Tarsis base Delta South, can you read me, come in repeat.

* • Delta South: Reading you Clausius. Return to base immediately!

* • Clausius: Delta I can see an event that I can only describe as huge electrical storm! But its strange, it appearing on the ground and its almost spherical. Not in the sky! Its massive, my readings are showing its 3 km squared in size. Gamma readings are off the charts; I can feel my skin warming up. My Javelin’s radar and gyroscope are not operational.

* • General Speers: Clausius! This is General Speers, return to base for a full debrief. If you do not comply, a full court martial and javelin privileges will be revoked permanently.

* • Clausius: Negative sir, I cant let this data go to waste. We may not get another chance. Im going in! I’m sending through my current typographical data. Use this as a reference Delta South.

* • General Speers: Clausius! Freelancer return now!

* • Clausius: Delta I am metres from this Storm. Its amazing I can reading all sorts of data that ive never seen before. Jetting into the centre………radar failure…….Javelin….power…..faliure……………..Delta………………Deltra……………..I……cant………

* • General Speers: Clausius! Do you copy!!! Clausius! Do you read me!

------Freelancer : LOG ENDING------ 52561.4

4 days later……………………………………

------Freelancer : LOG STARTING------ 52561.5 FINAL>>>>>>

* • Clausius: I………….am………………..free…………………………………………

------Freelancer : LOG ENDING------ 52561.5 FINAL>>>>>>

• Winner Winner x 1
            • Rik B

Rik B New Member

+10
              Last known image of Clausius

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
              • Rik B

Rik B New Member

+10
                Praxley:
                “Im not a thief or a Terrorist. Im not a killer!”

The Messenger:
                “Then who are you?!”

Praxley:
                “I am a hard working man, looking for a hot meal at the end of very night”

The Messenger:
                “I don’t Believe you! we have reports, evidence and people who say otherwise”

Praxley:
                “I also have a great singing voice”

The Messenger:
                “Why do you help the Freelancers? It seem to lose more than you gain when they help you? they are more like a clean up crew when your schemes fail?!”

Praxley:
                “Not true, there is a Freelancer that is in debt to me and they help me when I need it the most:

The Messenger:
                “we know. everyone knows and they you are a 'poisoned well'. there is no way we will deal with you and to be honest. a couple of people want you dead!”

Praxley:
                “If they knew what I knew, they wouldn’t want me dead. Im worth more alive then dead! I seen things and know things”

The Messenger:
                “the only things I know that you owe too much and people want you to cash out. Permanently!”

Praxley:
                “well I have a job coming up. Not with Freelancers. another group with more ‘finessee’ so to speak. This will cash out for me. Then you can leave me the f*ck alone”

The Messenger:
                “Unlikely on all fronts there Praxley! we will be in touch soon. oh and that Freelancer that you is in debt to you. We know that was a trap. She will find out soon enough. And I heard that she doesn’t take kindly to being lied too. She has enough scars. Soon you will have more!”

Praxley:
                “I have to get to the Market to meet her soon. Leave me alone. Ill fix this!”

• Winner Winner x 1